Google Web Search

Thursday, October 30, 2008

0 - Why I started this blog?

Why I started this blog?

That was a great trip. We challenged ourselves, we took a chance and we came out on top - literally. And we took photos. Lots of photos, hundreds of photos. Then we showed those photos to family members, friends and anybody who would show any curiosity.

What I realized was that while each photo had a story, the collective story was too long even for the most patient of listeners. Another problem was that every time we told that story we got excited, and that made us go back and forth with the story. If you happened to be listening the story from more than one of us, you would be confused out of your mind.

What can I say, it was that kind of a journey and that kind of a story! So, in order to find a solution, I decided to find a platform where I could share both the pictures and the stories behind each picture. And this blog was born.

That is old news!

A blog (whether we bloggers like it or not) is not as far-reaching as a book. So I decided that I would do better by telling the story in the form of a book duly illustrated by the photos from the trip.

Plus, a blog is more or less a casual and pleasure-based activity whereas writing a book, of any kind, is a serious project. Given my self-professed love for laziness I decided that I might just ignore the demands of my blog in favor of Two and a Half Men on TV, but a book-writing project I would take seriously.

Yeah, right!

While this is true that I have been treating the book project in my celebrated lazyass style, it is equally true that I have not given that up. I contribute to it as and when the creative bug bites me.

But that is also old news.

During one such writing sessions, I found myself thinking about this blog and thought I should not give this up either. It would not make practical (and commercial) sense for me to repeat here everything that I have written, I would still post here from time to time, especially the things I am proud of as a biker or as a writer.

And that is the latest news!

Whatever I post here will raw, unedited content so don't bite my head off if you find any spelling mistakes. And don't check back more than once a week, I don't believe in working that hard! :-)

If you are still with me, Welcome to Operation Desert Mountain!